This policy describes how Teknor Apex Company, Inc., Rhode Island, USA (“Teknor Apex” “we” or “us”), will collect and make use of your data when you visit or submit data to us via our website www.teknorapex.com and www.teknorautomotive.com .
Part 1: Applicable to All Users
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you submit data to us via our website or otherwise interact with us and when you use our websites. This includes:
- your name and the organization that you work for;
- your job title, division, email address, phone and/or other contact details you may provide to us;
- interests that you have expressed to us (e.g., in materials or processes or in speaking with specific contacts or roles within Teknor Apex);
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given to us;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- information regarding your use of our website;
- if you are an existing customer, we also store information on Safety Data Sheets (SDS) that you have requested from us;
- if you purchase stock color in our Teknor Color Store, we also collect your shipping address and billing address.
How Do We Use This Information, and What is the Legal Basis for This Use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required by Teknor Apex to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our website, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites.
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our products and services or products and services provided by our affiliates (a list of our affiliates can be found below)
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy, as set out below, and the information provided to you when those technologies are used;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For job application purposes in preparation for a potential employment contract:
- we will process job applications that you submit via our website in order and as required to handle your application.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing Consent or Otherwise Objecting to Direct Marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who Will We Share This Data With, Where and When?
We may share your personal data with our affiliates (a list of our affiliates can be found below) based on our legitimate interest to have such of our affiliate respond to your requests that is best suited to support your interests and needs.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may decide that within our distribution system a distributor, rather than Teknor Apex or an affiliate of Teknor Apex directly, is best suited to help you. In this case, we will ask for your consent to share your personal data with one of our distributors in order for the distributor to respond to your request.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of Teknor Apex for the purposes identified above. In particular, we use third party service providers of website hosting and maintenance services and marketing agencies for digital marketing and automation services.
Which Teknor Apex Entity is My Data Controller?
The data controller for your information is Teknor Apex Company, Inc.
How Long Will You Retain My Data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
Website Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. As set out in more detail below, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
More specifically, we use the following tools, subject to your acceptance (if collected upon your first or a subsequent visit of our website):
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In case of the activation of the IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be truncated within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the proprietor of this website, Google will use this information to assess your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide the website proprietor with further services related to the use of the website and the internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not connected with any other Google data. You may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, however please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the recording of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Pardot Marketing Automation
This website uses the Pardot Marketing Automation System by Pardot LLC, 950 East Paces Ferry Road, Suite 3300 Atlanta, GA 30326, USA („Pardot Marketing Automation System“). Pardot Marketing Automation System is a special software for capturing and analysing movement profiles of website visitors. To the extent that personal data is processed by Pardot LLC the processing is exclusively at our orders and in accordance with our instructions.
When you visit our website, Pardot Marketing Automation System records your click path and creates an individual user profile using a pseudonym. Once you provide us with your personal details, we may combine these with the pseudonymised user profile. For this purpose, cookies are used that enable the recognition of your browser.
How Do I Get in Touch with You?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to Teknor Apex Company, 505 Central Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02861.
If you would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at TAmarketing@teknorapex.com or by writing to Teknor Apex Company, 505 Central Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02861.
Part 2: Applicable Only to Users Located in the EU/EEA
If you are located in the EU/EEA, the following additional information applies to you:
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights you can get in touch with us using the details set out above. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
In the following, we have outlined how you can change the browser settings in some of the most commonly used internet browsers.
Browsers are usually set to accept cookies. However, you may choose to accept or reject cookies by modifying your browser settings as follows:
- Internet Explorer: “Tools” > “Internet Options” > Privacy
- Chrome: “Settings” > “Advanced settings” > “Privacy” > “Content settings” > “Cookies”
- Mozilla Firefox: “Tools” > “Options” > “Privacy”
- Safari: “Safari” > “Preferences” > “Privacy”
- Teknor Apex Company
- Teknor Color Company
- Teknor Apex Tennessee Company
- Teknor Apex Vermont Company
- Teknor Apex Group, Inc.
- Teknor Financial Corporation
- Teknor Performance Elastomers, Inc.
- Teknor Apex Asia, LLC
- Teknor Apex Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Teknor Apex China LLC
- Teknor Apex (Suzhou) Advanced Polymer Compounds Co. Ltd
- Teknor Apex Korea LLC
- Teknor Apex Netherlands LLC
- Teknor Apex Cooperatief U.A.
- Teknor Apex Elastomers Inc.
- Teknor Apex B.V.
- Teknor Apex Belgium LLC
- Teknor Apex Genk BV BA
- Teknor Apex North Carolina Company
- Hebronville Leasing, LLC
- Teknor Germany Holdings GmbH
- Teknor Germany GmbH
- PTS Plastic-Technologie-Service, Marketing and Vertriebs GmbH
- PTS Plastic-Technologie-Service, Compound-Produktions GmbH
- CPP Creative-Polymers-Produktions GmbH